The World Cup is a WowApp competition where WowApp communities from Countries all around the World are competing against each other to prove which one is the strongest.
How are Countries competing in the World Cup?
Each WowApp member will have a daily set of Missions which will be rewarded with points for their Country.
All the members from a country are contributing every day to the score of their country.
Starting with The World Cup: December - February 2023 edition, this is how goals are scored:
Day 1→ The team with the most points scores a goal
Day 2, onwards→ Both teams can score a goal per day if their performance (total daily points) improved, compared to the previous day.
Romania 0- Japan with
10,425 vs 26,625 points
Romania needs 10,426 points to score
Japan needs 26,626 points to score
How is the WowApp World Cup structured?
The World Cup is structured in TWO phases:
- Group Stage
1. Group Stage
- Each Country is is part of a League and a Group.
- WowApp World Cup has 10 Leagues, each with 4 Groups (A,B,C,D).
- Each group contains 4 teams.
Winners of all groups within a league will play the Finals, which consists in a semi-final and a Final.
The Finals from League 1 will determine the WowApp World Cup winner
The Finals from the other Leagues (2,3...9,10) will determine the respective League winner.
How does the Groups phase work?
- A Country will play 2 matches against each Country from the same Group (home and away) - a total of 6 matches in a group for each team (Country).
- A match lasts one week. Each day, the best team (with highest number of points in that day) scores a goal. At the end of the match, the Country with the highest number of scored goals wins. If both Countries have the same number of scored goals in a match it will be considered a draw.
- Each win will bring 3 points in the Group standings.
- If both teams score the same number of goals, the match ends as a draw and each team gets 1 point.
- Losses are worth 0 points in the Group standings.
- Once all matches are played in each Group, the first team (Country) from each Group will qualify for the next stage of the Competition (Finals).
- Teams that are winning their Groups from League 2 to League 10 will gain promotion to a superior league in the next WowApp World Cup. (example: a team placed 1st in Group B from League 2 will be playing in League 1 in the next WowApp World Cup)
- The teams not finishing 1st in a Group will no longer play any matches for the rest of the ongoing Competition.
- Teams finishing on 2nd and 3rd place will continue in the same League in the following edition of the WowApp World Cup
- Teams finishing 4th in a group will be relegated (example: a team placed 4th in Group C from League 3 will be playing in League 4 in the next WowApp World Cup)
How does the Finals phase work?
Welcome to the single elimination stage of WowApp World Cup. If your Country got to this stage it means that the WowApp community from your Country is very strong. Congrats!
Each League has it's semi-finals, where the group winners from each league are qualified. Based on a draw, Semifinal 1 and Semifinal 2 will determine the League Final.
League 1 Final will determine the WowApp World Cup Champion.
The other League Finals (League 2, League 3, etc.) will determine the respective League Winner (the best team from that League in that edition)
Is there any reward for winning the World Cup?
The winning Country of the World Cup will bask in the glory of being the strongest community in WowApp. You as a WowApp member will receive the usual WowCoins rewards for completing the Daily Missions. Plus, regardless of your score, your contribution to your country's performance is priceless and you should be proud.
The best 3 players from a country (visible in MVPs this Match section) are listed in real time on WowApp’ Join page and marked as Top Players. These members have a much better chance to get new members in their network.
P.S. Top Players from the competition are featured there if they meet the criteria described on the Profile Info Page: email validated, profile picture and the setting enabled